Time: 17 October – 31 December 2022
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: Everyone interested in Environmental and Modelling Issues of Climate Change
Required previous skills: Need to know that the earth is spherical and not flat!
Lecturer: Dr. Shakil Regmi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Credited in degree at Xamk: Bachelor of Engineering, Degree Programme in Environmental Engineering
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 9 October 2022
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
You will learn about Climate Science, the status of changing climate and how it is developing over time. You will also learn about the impact of climate change. You will also get familiar on how you can study climate change, what the governments, IPCC and companies are doing, and your role and responsibilities towards the climate change. Finally, you will be able to apply climate change in your working and personal environment while being able to win the debates with climate sceptics.
- Introduction to Climate Change
- Climate Change status and observation
- Global Carbon Cycle
- Climate Change projection and study
- Impacts of climate change on ecosystems and ecosystems services
- Adaptation and Mitigation to Climate Change
- Outlook, policy, and economics of Climate Change
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
- There are no scheduled assignments and lectures, so the students can proceed at their own pace.
- There will only be independent works and no group works.
- There are no time-bound group discussions.
- The lectures are available at any time and there is no time bound for it.
The material is available in Learn platform.
- The evaluation will be based on assignments (40%) and exam (60%).
- The assignments are evaluated based on the ability to discuss the provided topics, and exam will be evaluated based on the creative and genuine solutions or answers presented against the exam questions.
0-5 (0 is failed, 5 is highest possible grade).
Transcript of records will be delivered by request by email in PDF form.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).