Time: 14 February – 1 May 2022
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 5
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Lecturer: Sara Czabai-Leppänen
Credited in degree at Xamk : All Bachelor level degrees at Xamk
Enrolment by: 31 January 2022
Price: EUR 12 / credit or semester fee EUR 175. You can read more about our payment policy here .
Please, notice that the fee for one semester will not be refunded, if the combined fees for your chosen studies remain below EUR 175 or you cancel your studies.
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
After completing this course you are able to
• describe and analyze the impact of culture on business practices
• explain the impact of national culture on organizational cultures
• explain how leadership differs across cultures
• analyze strategies for motivating and managing international teams/employees
• explain and report the impact of culture on the various aspects of management
Contents and methods:
• How does culture impact business practices across the world?
• What is national culture´s effect on organizational culture?
• How do management styles differ across the world?
• How to lead, negotiate and motivate globally?
• What are the do's and don'ts in the business etiquette around the world?
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
• Students are able to use professional vocabulary and concepts systematically
• Students are able to work as team members in a goal-oriented way in intercultural case studies and group discussions
• Students are able to apply critical thinking and ethical principles of the professional field in different situations
Transcript of records will be delivered by request by email in PDF form
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
You can cancel your enrolment free of charge 30 days before the course starts. If you have not cancelled by the due date, we will charge the full cost of the course. Cancellation by email to email@example.com.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).