Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course, except July. The estimated time for completing this course is three months. Next start 10.8.2021.
Place: Xamk Learn – digital learning environment
Extent: 5 ECTS cr
Number of study places: 40
Target group: All that are interested in this subject
Lecturer: South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences lecturer
Credited in degree: Degree Programme in Nursing
Enrolment by: 31.10.2021. This is a nonstop start and students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolment.
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- You can describe the changes resulting from aging and their effects on the wellbeing of elderly people in their lives.
- You understand the meaning of ethical thinking in gerontological nursing.
- You know the most common geriatric diseases and the research and treatment methods.
- You can implement health promotion and rehabilitation in gerontological nursing.
- You can recognize the elderly and their families' resources and utilize your knowledge of gerontology in carrying out holistic health assessments.
- You can apply multicultural nursing to the care of elderly.
- You know the laws, acts and the social and health services in your own country and in other countries.
- What are the changes due to aging and how do these changes affect the elderly persons’ lives?
- What are the most common geriatric diseases and their research and therapeutic treatments?
- How to carry out health-enhancing and rehabilitative nursing?
- How to identify the elderly and their families' resources and health-promoting factors?
- How are cultural factors taken into account in holistic geriatric nursing?
- Which are the laws, acts and ethical guidelines related to gerontological nursing?
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
Cancellation has to be made 14 days before the course starts. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.