Time: 21 October – 31 December 2021
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Level: Master level
Target group: All students interested in this subject
Lecturer: Ms Outi Ilves and Mr Ville Virta
Credited in degree: Master of Health Care and Social Services, Rehabilitation
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Core competence
Enrolment by: 17 October 2021
Price: Free of charge
This course is included in the Diploma of Higher Education in Rehabilitation, 60 ECTS cr
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- Based on the ICF (International Classification of Functioning) framework, you are able to critically evaluate and utilize the factors that affect a person's ability to function.
- You are able to justify the choice of reliable rehabilitation assessment methods independently and systematically and link them to chosen rehabilitation methods.
- You are able to evaluate and effectively lead the independent use of the GAS method in client-oriented rehabilitation.
- You are able to utilize multidisciplinary competencies and international expert communication and interaction in client-oriented assessment processes.
Contents and methods:
The course content consists of the following topics:
- How is functional ability defined and what are the influencing factors according to the ICF framework in the evaluation and promotion of rehabilitation activities?
- What assessment methods are reliable and valid in the multidisciplinary rehabilitation process and how are they connected to the different stages of the process?
- How is the client’s participation in the rehabilitation process enhanced by means of the GAS method?
- How do you utilize multidisciplinary knowledge and interaction in the assessment process?
The course is carried out online and includes indepedent learning tasks, video lectures and peer discussions. The course is implemented in an international and multidisciplinary students’ study group, where you can share your knowledge and learn from others. It is advised that written reports are integrated into your own field of work with a focus on the development of rehabilitation practices.
5 ECTS credits equal 135 hours of individual study load.
The digital learning platform contains online materials and presentations for the tasks.
Students are able to use e-library services with their Xamk IDs.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email email@example.com.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approximately one week before the course starts.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).