Time: 3 September – 30 November 2021
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Level: Master level
Target group: All students interested in this subject
Lecturer: Mr Ville Virta
Credited in degree: Master of Health Care and Social Services, Rehabilitation
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Core competence
Enrolment by: 29 August 2021
Price: Free of charge
This course is included in the Diploma of Higher Education in Rehabilitation, 60 ECTS cr
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- You understand the key concepts and approaches related to welfare and rehabilitation.
- You know the sociological, social and economic mechanisms in your working environment and understand their connections to the changes and strategic decisions in national and international welfare and rehabilitation policies.
- You are familiar with the national rehabilitation service system and the core legislation related to it.
- You are able to monitor and gain benefit from multidisciplinary national and international research and development activities in the field of rehabilitation.
Contents and methods:
The course content consists of the follwing topics:
- What are the main concepts and approaches in rehabilitation?
- What is the content of political and administrative planning, control and decision-making and how is it applied to the management and development of social and health care and rehabilitation?
- What is the legal and ethical basis of the rehabilitation service system and how is it used to control the planning and development of operation?
- Where is multidisciplinary research into rehabilitation found and how can it be applied?
The course is carried out online and includes indepedent learning tasks, video lectures and peer discussions. The course is implemented in an international and multidisciplinary students’ study group, where you can share your knowledge and learn from others. It is advised that written reports are integrated into your own field of work with a focus on the development of rehabilitation practices.
5 ECTS credits equal 135 hours of individual study load.
The digital learning platform contains online materials and presentations for the tasks.
Students are able to use e-library services with their Xamk IDs.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email email@example.com.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approximately one week before the course starts.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).