Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is two months.
Place: Online studies on Learn eLearning platform
Extent: 3 ECTS cr
Target group: All students interested in this subject
Lecturer: Ms Tuulia Litmanen
Credited in degree: Bachelor of Health Care and Social Services
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Core competence
Enrolment by: 19 December 2021. This is a nonstop start and students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolment.
Price: Free of charge
Please notice that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
After completing this training the student:
- knows the normal growth and development of children
- knows the special features of children and young people and can apply this knowledge to nursing
- can apply knowledge about anatomy and physiology, applied pharmacology and medication to nursing children and young people
- knows the most common diseases of children and young people to nursing
- can take into account and support the family as part of nursing children and young people
- The normal growth and development of children and special characteristics of the child and of young nursing/principles
- Children`s health today
- Respiratory diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, endocrine disorders
- Children and medication
- Pain Management
- Family-Centered Pediatric Nursing
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).