Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is two months.
Place: Online studies
Extent: 3 ECTS credits
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Lecturer: Tuulia Litmanen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Credited in degree at Xamk: Bachelor of Health Care and Social Services, Nursing
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Core competence
Enrolment by: 18 December 2022. This is a nonstop start and students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolment.
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
After completing this course the student:
- knows the normal growth and development of children
- knows the special features of children and young people and can apply this knowledge to nursing
- can apply knowledge about anatomy and physiology, applied pharmacology and medication to nursing children and young people
- knows the most common diseases of children and young people to nursing
- can take into account and support the family as part of nursing children and young people.
Contents and methods
- The normal growth and development of children and special characteristics of the child and of young nursing/principles
- Children`s health today
- Respiratory diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, endocrine disorders
- Children and medication
- Pain Management
- Family-Centered Pediatric Nursing
Online studies include the main contents:
- Growth and development of children – Family-centered pediatric nursing
- Children`s health today
- Vital signs in children – respiratory diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, endocrine disorders
- Pain management
The course includes lectures, learning tasks, group work and independent work as well as tests.
The course covers 3 ECTS credits, totalling 81 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
Study material is available on Learn eLearning platform.
Transcript of records will be delivered upon requestby email in PDF form.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).