Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is three months.
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: All students interested in this subject
Lecturer: Ms Johanna Vesanto
Information for students studying in vocational studies in Finland:
Jatkoväylä-opiskelija: Suosittelemme tätä opintojaksoa jatkoväyläopintoihin lähihoitajasta sairaanhoitajaksi (AMK).
Credited in degree: Bachelor of Health Care, Physiotherapy and Bachelor of Health Care, Podiatry
Enrolment by: 19 December 2021. This is a nonstop start and students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolment.
Price: Free of charge
This course is included in the Diploma of Higher Education in Rehabilitation, 60 ECTS cr
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- You are able to apply your knowledge of nutrition to support strength and endurance training.
- You are able to apply your knowledge of nutrition when guiding and counseling athletes and people exercising regularly.
Contents and methods:
The course content consists of three topics related to the:
1. Basic knowledge of nutrition (1 course credit)
2. Energy demand and consumption during exercise, energy metabolism (2 course credits)
3. Nutrition, fluid balance and recovery to support endurance and strength training (2 course credits)
The course is carried out by implementing the following methods:
- Individual work at student's own pace
- Learning materials for independent study on the Learn eLearning environment
- Real life examples – cases (athletes)
Study materials, such as documents and links, are available on the eLearning platform.
Assessment and assessment criteria:
3-4 individual learning tasks. Independent assessment (tests) -> provide immediate feedback Reflection assessment-> what have you learned and how can you apply it?
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email email@example.com.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approximately one week before the course starts.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).