Time: This course starts on 3rd January 2022. Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is three months.
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Lecturer: Johanna Vesanto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for students studying in vocational studies in Finland:
Jatkoväyläopiskelija: Suosittelemme tätä opintojaksoa jatkoväyläopintoihin lähihoitajasta/hierojasta/jalkahoitajasta/liikuntaneuvojasta fysioterapeutiksi (AMK).
Credited in degree at Xamk: Bachelor of Health Care, physiotherapy or Bachelor of Health Care, podiatry
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Complementary competence
Enrolment by: 18 December 2022. This is a nonstop start and students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolment.
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree and path students can enrol on this course only through Peppi or the Tuudo application.
After completing this course:
- You are able to apply your knowledge of nutrition to support strength and endurance training.
- You are able to apply your knowledge of nutrition when guiding and counseling athletes and people exercising regularly.
Contents and methods:
The course content consists of three topics related to the:
- Basic knowledge of nutrition (1 credit)
- Energy demand and consumption during exercise, energy metabolism (2 credits)
- Nutrition, fluid balance and recovery to support endurance and strength training (2 credits)
The course is carried out by implementing the following methods:
- Individual work at student's own pace (individual learning tasks and tests)
- Learning materials for independent study on the Learn eLearning environment
- Real life examples – cases (athletes)
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
Study materials, such as documents and links, are available on the eLearning platform.
Transcript of records will be delivered upon requestby email in PDF form.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).