Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is 3 months.
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 200
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Required previous skills: –
Lecturer: Course is completed independently
Credited in degree at Xamk: Degree Programme in Nursing
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 17.12.2023. Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course.
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
At the end of this course you:
- are able to describe the different aspects of sustainable development
- are able to describe how sustainable development can be implemented in health care
- are able to reflect on the development of sustainable development in health care
Contents and methods:
- What are the different aspects of sustainable development?
- How can sustainable development be implemented in health care?
- How can sustainable development be promoted in health care?
This is an online course and you can complete this course entirely individually. There are three parts in the course. You can choose the order of the parts:
- Part 1 Aspects of sustainable development 1 ECTS
- Part 2 Implementation of sustainable development in health care 2 ECTS
- Part 3 Promotion of sustainable development in health care 2 ECTS
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
Study material: The learning material is specified in the Learn platform.
The assessment is based on the points you gather from the exams during the course.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request by email in PDF form.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).