The arrival enquiry results from autumn 2017 are ready. Totally 982 students in full- or part-time degree studies (74 % of all new students) answered the enquiry in November 2017. The total mean of the enquiry was 3.51. The best results were in the Finnish-language degree programmes of Nursing, Kotka (3.82), Interior Architecture and Furniture Design (3.77) and Emergency Care (3.76) and Physiotherapy (3.75).
The best results were:
- the cooperation with students 3.96 (-0.02)
- the cooperation with staff 3.73 (+0.01)
- the learning environment is pleasant and functional 3.53 (-0.18)
The biggest rises were:
- the usability of the student intranet, Student 3.35 (+0,21)
- the instructions for the beginning of the studies and for studying in general 3..24 (+0.14)
In need of development:
- student tutors have been of help at the beginning of the studies 3.01 (+0.04)
The students are satisfied and only a few students are intend to interrupt their studies. The average assesment of “At the moment, I am a satisfied student” was 3.45 (-0.02). 98 % of the students intend to study in their education until graduation.
The majority of the students have had opportunity to make their PSP. Most students (93 %) have had the opportunity to make their personal study plan (PSP) and almost as many (78 %) have also discussed it with their mentor teacher.
The arrival enquiry collects information about the orientation related to starting of studies, the atmosphere, student tutoring and student satisfaction. All degree students respond to the arrival enquiry during their first semester.
The results of the arrival enquiry will be discussed in Xamk’s different teams and in the development forums of the departments. If the mean in a degree programme is under 3.25, the degree programme makes a development plan and starts correcting activities.