At its meeting on 1 September, Xamk’s Management Team discussed the following topics relating to the coronavirus pandemic:
The sentence “Visits to Xamk by foreign lecturers and guests should not be organised until further notice” will be removed from Xamk’s coronavirus instructions.
Guidelines on organising student events have been prepared for the student associations in cooperation with Student Union Kaakko.
The Management Team had previously decided that the students of all Xamk study programmes would return to contact teaching after the autumn break (from 1 November 2021). However, as a result of the entrance examinations to be arranged on the campuses on 1 and 2 November, the larger-scale return to contact teaching has now been postponed by two days until Wednesday 3 November. The dates and locations of the entrance examinations are:
- Kotka and Savonlinna: Monday 1 November 2021
- Kouvola and Mikkeli: Tuesday 2 November 2021.
Please note: As previously announced, teaching at Xamk continues in line with the hybrid model until 31 October 2021. This means that the students who started their studies in August or January 2021 study on campus, while continuing students participate in theoretical teaching online.
- Xamk’s coronavirus instructions
- If you have questions concerning the coronavirus, please send them to email@example.com Representatives from different units process the incoming emails between 8.00 and 18.00, Monday to Friday. Effort is made to reply to the messages within 24 hours.
- Students will receive information about the practical arrangements of the courses directly from the course teachers.