Exchange and double degree studies application procedure
In XAMK we have two application periods:
- For the autumn term and whole academic year – 1.04. – 15.05.
- For the spring term – 15.09. – 1.11.
We use SoleMOVE online application system for incoming exchange/double degree students. We kindly ask you to fill in the requested information and submit the application and the required attachments to us.
Academic calendar for exchange students:
- Autumn semester: 27.08. – 21.12.2018
- Spring semester: 7.01. – 30.04.2018
Each semester starts with orientation days for newly accepted students.
There are no lectures during the autumn and winter vacation; 22 -28.10.2018 and 25.2.-3.3.2018.
Only the international office can nominate students to XAMK. If you don’t have the login to your nomination account, you can request it here. Nomination deadline 27.04.2018
- Nomination to one of our exchange programmes is done by your home institutions international office.
- You will then receive via e-mail, a username to the application form, where you create the password and then you should be forwarded to the actual application form
- Select the right type of form (studies or practical training), dates, and start filling the form
- Upload the required attachments, relevant to your application
- Submit the Online application form by the deadline
- Scan and send signed Learning agreement/ Training agreement/ Study plan to the responsible coordinator (see exchange/ double degree program page) as soon as possible.
When you receive official confirmation of acceptance from us, please, read carefully the information for the accepted students.
Please note that XAMK does not accept applications sent by regular post!
Please, have the following documents ready in PDF format before filling the application form:
- Transcript of records of your studies issued by your home institution
- Copy of your passport or ID card
- Motivation letter in English
- Proof of English language proficiency (only Double degree applicants)
- CV (only students applying for practical training)
- Portfolio (only Design students to Kouvola campus)
Attachments in other than PDF formats will not be processed.
Eligibility and admission for double degree students
The general eligibility criteria for double degree programmes is described below. The criteria for each partner university is given in the double degree agreement.
Eligibility for the double degree programmes at Xamk is given by:
- student status at Xamk double degree partner university
- studies completed at home university in the relevant field of study (appr. 120-180 ECTS, required amount of studies is specified in the double degree agreement) and
- good command of the English language, minimum requirement level B2 (see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/resources/european-language-levels-cefr for further information).
Language tests and certificates that can be used as proof of English proficiency:
- Language test organised by Xamk in Russia
- Certificate written by the home university
- IELTS academic level
- TOEFL ibt
- English as mother tongue and language of previous education
- Studies completed in English during student exchange at Xamk.
Admission results and confirmation of study place
- Admission results are announced as soon as possible after the application period has closed (end of May / mid-November).
- Admitted students must confirm their study places and enrol as degree students by a deadline given in the admission letter.
After notice of admission
When you are admitted for a double degree programme, you are asked to do the following according to instructions and by a deadline given in the admission letter:
- accept the offered study place
- pay the tuition fee (if required) and
- enrol as an attending student.
After this you will be registered as a degree student at Xamk.
Information about the tuition fee policy at Xamk is available at www.xamk.fi/tuition-fees and detailed instructions for paying will be sent to the admitted students, who are liable to pay the tuition fee, after admission notice.
The admission is conditional until all information and certificates used for applying have been checked. The study place can be withdrawn, if the applicant has given false information about his/her qualifications.