Exchange and double degree studies application procedure
Nomination to Xamk
In the following you can find information regarding the nomination and application process to Xamk.
We use SoleMOVE online platform for nominations and applications for incoming exchange and double degree students.
Nomination can only be done by the international office of student’s home university. If the partner university does not have the nomination account, it can be requested from the International services.
If the partner university has forgotten the login information, please contact the International Services.
When student is nominated by the partner university in SoleMOVE they will be sent information about user account to the email address given in the nomination.
Please note that nomination does not mean that the student is accepted!
- for exchange studies: May 1 and October 15
- for double degree studies: April 15 and October 1
Academic year 2023 – 2024
- the autumn term 2023:
4 September – 18 December
- autumn vacation: week 43
- the spring term 2024:
8 January – 30 April
- winter vacation week 9
Application to Xamk
We have two application periods for exchange and double degree studies at Xamk:
- for the autumn term and whole academic year – April 1 – May 15
- for the spring term – September 15 – November 1
Information to the student:
- When you are nominated by your home university you will be created user account for creating and submitting the application
- Information about user account will be sent to the email address given in the nomination
- Select the right type of form (studies or practical training), dates and start filling the form
- Upload the required attachments
- Submit the online application form by the deadline
Applications are handled after the deadline for applying. The letter of acceptance will be sent to the accepted students via SoleMOVE and other necessary information by e-mail.
Required attachments to the application:
Please, have the following documents ready in PDF format before filling the application form:
- Transcript of records of your studies issued by your home institution
- Copy of your passport or ID card
- Motivation letter in English
- Signed Study plan from Non Erasmus+ applicants
- Check the instructions for Erasmus+ applicants below
- Proof of English language proficiency (only Double degree applicants)
- CV (only students applying for practical training)
- Portfolio (only Design students to Kouvola campus)
Attachments in other than PDF formats will not be processed.
Please note that Xamk does not accept applications sent by regular post!
Creating your OLA (Online Learning Agreement)
As an applicant you need to prepare the Online Learning Agreement (OLA) according to your home institution’s guidelines. If your home institution is not using OLA, please upload the fully signed Erasmus+ Learning agreement as PDF to SoleMOVE when creating the application.
In addition to OLA you need to fill in your course wishes to the Proposed Study Plan section in SoleMOVE when creating the application.
NON ERASMUS+ APPLICANTS
Please upload the fully signed Study Plan as PDF to SoleMOVE when creating the application.
In addition to the signed Study Plan you need to fill in your course wishes to the Proposed Study Plan section in SoleMOVE when creating the application.
Eligibility and admission for double degree students
The general eligibility criteria for double degree programmes is described below. The criteria for each partner university is given in the double degree agreement.
Eligibility for the double degree programmes at Xamk is given by:
- student status at Xamk double degree partner university
- studies completed at home university in the relevant field of study (appr. 120-180 ECTS, required amount of studies is specified in the double degree agreement) and
- good command of the English language, minimum requirement level B2 (see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/resources/european-language-levels-cefr for further information).
From spring 2022 application onwards, all double degree applicants take part in an English language test organised by Xamk. Only applicants whose mother tongue is English, are exempted from the language test.
Admission results and confirmation of study place
- Admission results are announced as soon as possible after the application period has closed (end of May / mid-November).
- Admitted students must confirm their study places, pay tuition fees (if required) and enrol as degree students by a deadline given in the admission letter (June-July / beginning of December).
After notice of admission
When you are admitted for a double degree programme, you are asked to do the following according to instructions and by a deadline given in the admission letter:
- accept the offered study place
- pay the tuition fee (if required) and
- enrol as an attending student
- pay the healthcare fee
After accepting the study place, paying the tuition fee (if required) and enrolling for attendance, you are registered as a degree student at Xamk.
Information about the tuition fee policy at Xamk is available at www.xamk.fi/tuition-fees. Detailed instructions for paying will be sent to the admitted students, who are liable to pay the tuition fee, in the admission notice.
The admission is conditional until all information and certificates used for applying have been checked. The study place can be withdrawn, if the applicant has given false information about his/her qualifications.