IMPRESS webinar – Conceptual Process Design Of An Optimized and Integrated Biorefinery
Join us to the webinar series organised by an EU funded IMPRESS project, focusing on finding ways to produce sustainable chemicals and materials. Our project partners will follow you through the different steps and main results of the IMPRESS biorefining process in a series of four webinars.
IMPRESS project was launched September 2019 and it aims to create a new hybrid biorefinery process. It means researching and combining selected key technologies and using them to refine renewable resources such as forestry and agricultural residues into multiple sustainable chemicals and materials that can replace fossil-based products.
Register today for the fourth IMPRESS webinar, titled Conceptual Process Design Of An Optimized and Integrated Biorefinery on Wednesday, 21st of June 2023 at 11 CEST (central European summer time). Registration: IMPRESS webinar – Conceptual Process Design Of An Optimized and Integrated Biorefinery (lyyti.fi)
In this webinar you will hear insights on Conceptual Process Design.
PART 1: Conceptual design of downstream biorefining processes using structured methods and tools
Hank Vleeming, PDC:
- Introduction to Conceptual Process Design (CPD) and available methods/tools
- General design aspects to be considered in CPD
- Selection of separation technologies
- Process integration and optimization of resources, heat, and water streams
PART 2: Conceptual design and techno-economic evaluation of membrane and adsorption technology for sugar deashing/deacidification, Lenntech & PDC
Pooja Halvawala & Monique Woen, Lenntech:
- Introduction to the need for deashing/deacidification of 2G sugar streams
- State-of-the-art technology for sugar deashing/deacidification
- Electrodialysis as viable alternative technology
- Membrane technology developed in IMPRESS
Wei Zhao, PDC:
- General requirements for deashing/deacidification of Dawn hydrolysates
- Limitations of ion-exchange (IEX) and electrodialysis (ED)
- Alternative process concepts
Did you miss our previous webinars? Don’t worry, you can find the recordings here: