It’s All Rights! online round table
It’s All Rights! is a series of six 60-minute online sessions in English (Teams) led by Xamk’s Talent Boost and Moona this autumn (2023). Experts in matters related to international students’ rights and obligations in Finland are invited to present the basics of each topic and answer questions participants may have.
The round table’s main goals are:
- Keep international students informed of their general rights and obligations in Finland
- Enhance international students’ overall experience in Finland by showing possibilities and correct ways
- Avoid misunderstandings regarding the interpretation of information about rights and obligations
- Prevent misconduct due to ignorance of obligations
- Help international students to plan further steps better when settling in Finland
Questions can be sent in advance (48 hours in advance) to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Unanswered questions during the sessions and individual matters can be addressed separately on a later moment (Moona).
Meetings are held in Teams every other Monday from 16:30 to 17:30.
- 18 September: Work-related matters / Everyman’s Rights
- 2 October: Rental agreements (housing), banking, phone and internet contracts
- 16 October: Entrepreneurship
- 30 October: Possibilities for Active Citizenship, Participation and Engagement in Finland
- 13 November: Becoming a Finnish citizen, family reunification and residence permits
- 27 November: Spouses’ and children’s integration
The sessions are open to all audiences and free of charge (anyone with the link can participate). Sessions are recorded and made available on Xamk’s, Moona’s and guests’ channels of communication (website, intranet, social media, etc.).
Click here to join the discussion.
*It’s All Rights! is not an official legal consultancy, Individual consultation, or a forum for discussion of what their rights should be in Finland.*