Time: 7.10. – 20.12.2019
Place: E-campus, online studies
This is an online course (eCampus) with scheduled meetings. The meetings will be agreed on during the course.
Extent: 5 cr
Number of study places: 30
Target group: Those who are interested
Lecturer: Tiina Luukkainen, email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Credited in degree: free-choice electives
Competence according to curriculum: core competence
Enrolment by: 29.9.2019
Price: free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
1. You can actively use and develop your English skills in your work and professional field as well as develop communication in English in your organisation.
2. You can interact in English in different oral and written communication situations in your own professional field
3. You can look for and evaluate scientific and professional information in the English sources of your own professional field and are able to apply the information to various communication situations in working life
Contents and methods:
During the course you will learn professional English needed at work. You will follow your individual learning path based on your work or thesis. You have a chance to brush up your English and learn the the language needed in your own work and professional field. You will be working together with other students to practice your speaking and writing skills in many different ways.
Assessment: Assessment methods include self-assessment, peer assessment and teacher assessment according to the learning goals
Certificate of these studies will be delivered
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.