Time: This course will start on 31st October 2023 and after this date students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is three months.
Place: Online studies
Extent: 3 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 400
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic.
Required previous skills: Beginners’ Finnish 1 or corresponding skills in the Finnish language. In addition, attending the course requires English skills enabling academic studies, as well as some IT skills. Additionally students are expected to have a good command of independent studying skills.
Lecturer: Xamk lecturer
Credited in degree at Xamk: All bachelor level degrees
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 28th January 2024. (This is a nonstop start and students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The first nonstop start is on 31st October 2023.)
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice that Xamk degree students can enrol on this course only via Peppi or Tuudo.
After the completion of the course:
- you are able to communicate in Finnish in various basic everyday situations.
- you can use appropriate phrases and vocabulary.
- you are familiar with the key features of the Finnish language, grammar and culture.
- you can apply your skills in practice, both orally and in writing.
- you are able to independently expand your vocabulary resources and improve your Finnish skills using different sources.
Contents and methods:
- telling times
- months, seasons and weather
- family and friends
- daily activities and verb conjugation
- simple communication, conversations and writing tasks related to e.g., activities and service encounters (e.g., shopping and eating out)
- essential grammar themes related to the communicative content of the course
The course covers 3 ECTS credits, totalling 81 hours of independent student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
The course is carried out by means of independent online studies, including reading, watching and listening study materials, as well as completing rehearsal activities, assignments and online tasks.
The Transcript of records will be delivered automatically by email in PDF form. You can read more about the The Transcript of records on: Information on Open UAS, Xamk Pulse studies.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email email@example.com.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).