Xamk Open University of Applied Sciences (OUAS) offers a range of free courses for the autumn semester 2021. The guiding principle of the selected courses is the readiness for change, as competence is the force enabling change. Our world needs professionals, who master sustainability skills required in working life and society, as well as those, who are able to promote developmental adjustments.
This course belongs to the selection of autumn semester courses, available free of charge. Welcome to study at OUAS!
Time: 13.9. – 31.12.2021
Place: E-campus, online studies
Extent: 3 ECTS cr
Target group: Those, who are interested
Required previous skills: No prior skills needed
Teacher: Slaveya Hämäläinen, email is email@example.com
Enrolment by: 15.8.2021
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
• use of business English vocabulary actively
• use of business vocabulary in presentations, meetings and negotiations with self-confidence
• finding information and applying it in different work-related communication situations
Contents and methods:
English vocabulary and particular grammatical structures in business contexts
• international trade, commerce, marketing as well as finance, insurance and banking
• presentations and pitching
• meetings and negotiations
• professional business communication, spoken and written
The course topics are:
Culture and communication in different cultures
Written business communication, business messages
Giving presentations and feedback
Meetings and negotiations
(optional topics: job search documents and risk management)
Approved learning assignments, assessment scale: excellent (5), good (4-3), satisfactory (2-1), fail (0)
The evaluation includes all the finished tasks which sum all the points that each of the participants have accumulated during the course.
Certificate of these studies will be delivered
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
Please, cancel your enrolment 14 days before the course starts.Cancellation by email to email@example.com.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.