Place: Online studies
Extent: 3 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 60
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Required previous skills: Not required
Lecturer: Xamk lecturer
Credited in degree at Xamk : All Bachelor level degrees
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 28.8.2022
Price: EUR 12 / credit or semester fee EUR 175. You can read more about our payment policy here.
Please, notice that the fee for one semester will not be refunded, if the combined fees for your chosen studies remain below EUR 175 or you cancel your studies.
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
- use of business English vocabulary actively
- use of business vocabulary in presentations, meetings and negotiations with self-confidence
- finding information and applying it in different work-related communication situations
Contents and methods:
The course covers 3 ECTS credits, totalling 80 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
English vocabulary and particular grammatical structures in business contexts:
- international trade, commerce, marketing as well as finance, insurance and banking
- presentations and pitching
- meetings and negotiations
- professional business communication, spoken and written
The course topics are:
- Culture and communication in different cultures
- Written business communication, business messages
- Giving presentations and feedback
- Meetings and negotiations
- (optional topics: job search documents and risk management)
All the material is available in Learn.
Assessment and assessment criteria:
1 – 5
The evaluation includes all the finished tasks which sum all the points that each of the participants have accumulated during the course.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request by email in PDF form
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
You can cancel your enrolment free of charge 30 days before the course starts. If you have not cancelled by the due date, we will charge the full cost of the course. Cancellation by email to email@example.com.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).