Time: 20.9. – 31.12.2021
Place: E-campus, online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS cr
Target group: Those, who are interested
Required previous skills: You are able to communicate in English in various spoken and written situations in your professional field at the European level B2
Teacher: Ksenia Sharapova, email is email@example.com
Enrolment by: 22.8.2021
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
The student can write English texts in the workplace and self-reflectively develop her/himself as a writer and language user. S/he is able:
– to receive peer feedback from texts and develop her/himself based on the feedback
– to give feedback to peers based on instructions
– to write correct text using appropriate tools paying attentio to the communicational and stylistic requirements of each genre and/or text type
Contents and methods:
The course consists of eight (8) one-credit topics. The student shall choose five (5) of them:
1. Documents of a formal meeting
2. Expert blogs
3. Homepage of a SME or small organization
4. Media release
5. Business transactions: Request for quotation and quotation
6. Business transactions: Complaint and reply
7. Documents of a job application
8. Consultation report
The students should display writing skills in the minimum level of B2.
The course is grade pass/fail.
Certificate of these studies will be delivered
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
Please, cancel your enrolment 14 days before the course starts.Cancellation by email to email@example.com.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.