Time: 7.10. – 31.12.2019
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 cr
Number of study places: 20
Target group: All that are interested in this subject
Lecturer: Pekka Pennanen, email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Credited in degree: free-choice electives
Competence according to curriculum: core competence
Enrolment by: 29.9.2019
Price: free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
The student can write English texts in the workplace and self-reflectively develop her/himself as a writer and language user. S/he is able:
– to receive peer feedback from texts and develop her/himself based on the feedback
– to give feedback to peers based on instructions
– to write correct text using appropriate tools paying attentio to the communicational and stylistic requirements of each genre and/or text type
Contents and methods:
iThe course consists of eight (8) one-credit topics. The student shall choose five (5) of them:
1. Documents of a formal meeting
2. Expert blogs
3. Homepage of a SME or small organization
4. Media release
5. Business transactions: Request for quotation and quotation
6. Business transactions: Complaint and reply
7. Documents of a job application
8. Consultation report
More information for the student:
The course requires good independent study skills since real-time teacher participation is very minimal. Attending the course requires English skills enabling academic studies and some IT-skills.
The student has completed the obligatory course of her/his degree programme with the minimum Grade 3.
Assessment: The students should display writing skills in the minimum level of B2.
The course is grade pass/fail. The student shall receive a pass grade of all the assignments of the five topics s/he has chosen.
Certificate of these studies will be delivered
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org. The enrolment can be cancelled free of charge before the studies begin. If the studies have already begun the fee must be paid in total.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.
All our courses are availbale on www.xamk.fi/openstudies.