Place: online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 30
Target group: All that are interested in these studies
Lecturer: Xamk's lecturer
Credited in degree: Primarily inBachelor of Business Administration, Wellbeing Management
Enrolment by: 9.4.2020
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- You understand the different models of providing welfare services (responsibilities, organizing and financing).
- You understand the main strategies directing the production of services.
- You can describe the financial system of the welfare services.
- You understand what drives change in legislative foundation and service structure of the production of welfare services.
- You know the basics of and rationale behind quality management and the significance of high-quality work in the welfare/wellbeing services.
- You understand how to measure effectiveness (outcomes) and economic aspects such as profitability and (cost-) effectiveness, in the developing of welfare/wellbeing services.
- How do wellbeing services fit into the overall welfare system?
- What are the objectives of wellbeing services in the welfare system?
- What are the different models of the production and financing of welfare services?
- What are the factors affecting the development of welfare services in terms of service structure, legislation and financing?
- What are the basics for the quality management and the significance of the high-quality work in the wellbeing services?
- What are the elements and indicators for measuring quality?
- How is the efficiency and effectiveness of wellbeing/welfare services measured?
The student can proceed from task to task independently, there are no certain deadlines. All tasks has to be made by the ending date of the course.
All material will be provided by the lecturer – scientifical articles, other articles, videos etc. No live lectures.
Grading scale is 1-5.
The students can:
- use professional vocabulary systematically
- look for information in the key information sources of the field
- identify interrelated tasks
- use the key models, methods and techniques of professional field.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form /PDF for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
Cancellation has to be made 14 days before the course starts. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.