Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is 2 months. The first start is 1.9.2022 and last 14.11.2022 (studying time ends 31.12.2022).
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places:
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Required previous skills: –
Lecturer: Katri Schadewitz
Credited in degree at Xamk: All Bachelor level degrees at Xamk
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 13.11.2022
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
- You will be introduced of successful youth work practices, which are used for social empowerment of young people in Europe.
- You will be orientated from theoretical and scientific perspective of preventing social exclusion, enhancing empowerment and employability of youth.
- You are acquainted of common contents of the course, which are inclusion, participation, empowerment, active citizenship, and employability.
- You understand the significance of these subjects in terms of well-being of youth.
Contents and methods:
- The course introduces successful youth work practices, which are used for social empowerment of young people in Europe.
- The course is divided on five different sections
- “Common content”
- “Experiential learning”
- “Online community/ mentoring”
- All sections have topics about the topic in general, an intro, target group, best practice/ examples, methods, recommendations, and further readings/ information.
- All sections and their topics are gathered to their own interactive books that contain text, articles, pictures, and videos.
- All sections also have a quiz about the topic.
All work is independent, and the students will proceed at their own pace. First section includes the common contents of the course. The students must read all the materials and execute the quizzes from “common content” before they are able to move forward at the course. After they have completed the “common content” section, they are able to accomplish the rest of the course in the order they want to.
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
Learning material: The study material is accessible for everyone on the learning environment. All sections have their own interactive books that contain text about the topics, accessible external links to articles and videos.
Transcript of records will be delivered by requestby email in PDF form.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).