Time:18.1. – 30.4.2021
Place: E-campus, online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS cr
Number of study places: 30
Target group: Those, who are interested
Required previous skills: Finnish 1 and sufficient English skills.
Teacher: Emmi Mäkinen, email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolment by: 15.1.2021
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- You are able to express yourself in Finnish in everyday situations both orally and in writing.
- You are able to follow simple speech and read short texts on familiar topics.
- You have command of different phrases, structures and vocabulary (CEFR level A1.2 – A1.3). You will get to know some basic vocabulary of your own professional field.
- You are familiar with a large variety of grammatical features, like consonant and vowel changes (verbs and nouns), singular case forms and basic plural form (nouns).
- You are also able to expand your vocabulary and knowledge of language usage independently using different sources.
- You become more familiar with the Finnish culture.
Contents and methods:
- Which phrases and what kind of vocabulary and grammatical knowledge do you need for everyday communication and for understanding and writing simple texts on various topics?
- Which sources and tools can you use in order to continue your elementary Finnish studies during the course and independently?
- How to use your cultural knowledge in communication?
The course Finnish 2 is arranged at the entry-level of your studies. The assessment emphazises criteria a–d and f. Students that have reached the level 3 are able to
a) use phrases, quite versatile vocabulary and grammatical knowledge (CEFR levels A1.2?A1.3) in everyday communication.
b) look for information from the text books and other information sources of the elementary Finnish.
c) identify various contexts and interrelated tasks.
d) communicate in everyday situations.
f) work as team-members in a goal-oriented way.
Certificate of these studies will be delivered
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
Please, cancel your enrolment 14 days before the course starts.Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.