Place: Online studies on Learn eLearning platform
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: All that are interested in this subject
Lecturers: Ms Arja Kiviaho-Tiippana and Ms Marjo Heikkilä
Credited in degree: Bachelor of Health Care and Social Services, Podiatry
Enrolment by: 27.12.2020
Price: Free of charge
This course is included in the Diploma of Higher Education in Rehabilitation, 60 ECTS cr
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- The student learns structure and function of the foot and good foot care habits
- The student learns how to take care of your feet and notice which things threaten your foot health
- The student understands that some diseases like diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and skin diseases make your feet vulnerable
- The student understands diabetics´ foot problems, and the necessity to annual screening and risk classification at least once a year
Contents and methods:
The course content consists of four topics related to the:
1. Anatomy and Physiology of the Foot, 1 cr
2. Healthy Feet, Daily Foot Care and Proper Shoes, 1 cr
3. Diabetic Foot, Rheumatoid Foot, Foot Skin Diseases, 2 cr
4. Risk Foot Examination, Treatment, and Off-Loading, 1 cr
Individual work at own pace and discussions. Several tests measuring competence.
Given at the beginning of the course
Assessment and assessment criteria:
Five multiple-choice tests and two discussion forums
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
Cancellation has to be made 14 days before the course starts. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.