Place: Online studies on Learn eLearning platform
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: All that are interested in this subject
Lecturer: Mr Petteri Koski
Credited in degree: Bachelor of Health Care and Social Services
Enrolment by: 31.1.2021
Price: Free of charge
This course is included in the Diploma of Higher Education in Rehabilitation, 60 ECTS cr
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- You understand the effects of exercise and physical activity on the physiological functions of the body, both in health and in illness
- You are able to apply your knowledge of exercise physiology to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders and other lifestyle diseases
- You are able to plan, direct and monitor exercise and health impact on physical performance
The course content consists of three topics related to the:
- Effects of physical activity on metabolism, cardiovascular function, nervous system and endocrine glands (2 course credits)
- Health effects of exercise in different age groups (2 course credits)
- Effects of different training methods on physical fitness and performance (2 course credits)
Given at the beginning of the course
Tasks with deadlines
Test measuring competence
Assessment and assessment criteria:
Three learning tasks and multiple-choice exams.
Passed / Failed
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
Cancellation has to be made 14 days before the course starts. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.