Place: online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 35
Target group: All that are interested in these studies
Lecturer: Xamk's lecturer
Credited in degree: Primarily inBachelor of Business Administration, Wellbeing Management
Enrolment by: 15.3.2020
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- You can define health promotion from different perspectives.
- You understand the factors that influence motivation formation.
- You understand the significance of communality and co-operation in support of a lifestyle change.
- You recognize current and new health threats and you are able to include them in the health promotion of customers.
- You recognize the role of technology and data analytics in health promotion.
- What are the principles of health promotion?
- What are the different factors (determinants) affecting the wellbeing of individuals?
- What are goals and objectives of health promotion?
- How do you motivate to change?
- What drives or inhibits behavioral change on an individual level?
- How does group interaction affect outcomes?
- What is the connection between lifestyle and health?
- What is the role of technology and data analytics in health promotion and how can this drive change?
- How can customers' involvement and communality be supported systematically and in a target-oriented way?
The student can proceed from task to task independently, there are no certain deadlines. All tasks has to be made by the ending date of the course.
All material will be provided by the lecturer – scientifical articles, other articles, videos etc. No live lectures.
Grading scale is 1-5.
The students can:
a) use the professional vocabulary and concepts of health promotion systematically.
b) look for information in key information sources of the field
e) use the key models, methods, principles and nutritional recommendations in health promotion.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form /PDF for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
Cancellation has to be made 14 days before the course starts. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.