Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is two months.
Place: Online studies
Extent: 3 ECTS credits
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Lecturer: Tiina Lybeck, firstname.lastname@example.org
Credited in degree at Xamk: Bachelor of Health Care, Degree Programme in Nursing
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Core competence
Enrolment by: 17th December 2023. This is a nonstop start and students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course.
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
- You know the structure and process of maternity care.
- You know the normal progress of pregnancy, labour and postpartum period.
- You know the most common gynecological diseases and how to prevent them.
- You know the basics of promoting sexual and reproductive health and protecting fertility.
- You know the most common disorders related to sexual functions.
- You know what is sexual violence and you can support victims of sexual violence.
Contents and methods:
- What are maternity care services?
- How do normal pregnancy, delivery and postnatal time proceed?
- What are the most common gynecological diseases and how to prevent them?
- How do you plan, implement and assess the treatment in gynecological nursing?
- How do you support your client's sexuality and implement sexual health promotion?
- What disorders are related to sexual functions?
- What is sexual violence and how you can support victims of sexual violence?
The course includes learning tasks and independent work as well as tests. The student has the opportunity to study individually regardless of time and place at own pace.
The course covers 3 ECTS credits, totalling 81 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
Study material is available on Learn platform.
Transcript of records will be delivered automatically by email in PDF form. You can read more about the Transcript of records on: Information on Open UAS studies
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).