Place: Online studies on Learn eLearning platform
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: All that are interested in this subject
Lecturers: Ms Suvi Lamberg
Credited in degree: Bachelor of Health Care and Social Services, Physiotherapy
Enrolment by: 27.12.2020
Price: Free of charge
This course is included in the Diploma of Higher Education in Rehabilitation, 60 ECTS cr
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- You are able to apply your knowledge of nutrition to support strength and endurance training.
- You are able to apply your knowledge of nutrition when guiding and counseling athletes and people exercising regularly.
Contents and methods:
The course content consists of three topics related to the:
1. Basic knowledge of nutrition (1 course credit)
2. Energy demand and consumption during exercise, energy metabolism (2 course credits)
3. Nutrition, fluid balance and recovery to support endurance and strength training (2 course credits)
Individual work at own pace. Saved virtual lessons in Learn that the student can watch them later at his/her own time.
Real life examples – cases (athletes)
Document for basic information and links
Assessment and assessment criteria:
3-4 individual learning tasks. Independent assessment (tests) -> provide immediate feedback Reflection assessment-> what have you learned and how can you apply it?
Transcript of records will be delivered by request
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
Cancellation has to be made 14 days before the course starts. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.