Time: 1.3.- 30.4.2022
Place: Online studies
Extent: 3 ECTS credits
Number of study places: –
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Required previous skills: –
Lecturer: Eliisa Kotro
Credited in degree at Xamk : All bachelor level degrees at Xamk
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 20.2.2022
Price: EUR 12 / credit or semester fee EUR 175. You can read more about our payment policy here.
Please, notice that the fee for one semester will not be refunded, if the combined fees for your chosen studies remain below EUR 175 or you cancel your studies.
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
- You recognize the role of good nutrition for health and well-being of elderly people.
- You familiarize yourself with nutritional recommendations for the elderly.
- You learn about methods to assess nutritional status.
- You recognize the risks of malnutrition and learn how to improve individual’s nutrition with proper eating.
- You learn of alternative meal services for the elderly, and recognize importance of multi-professional cooperation to ensure good nutrition.
Contents and methods:
- Aging and its impact on people's nutritional needs and ability to function.
- Recommendations for good nutrition.
- Assessment of nutritional status.
- Malnutrition and means of nutritional treatment.
- Alternative meal services for elderly people living in their own homes.
Individual study work. Tasks and quizzes with deadlines. The course covers 3 ECTS credits, totalling 81 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
Material and links to electric sources on Learn platform.
Final exam. Automatically graded.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request by email in PDF form
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
You can cancel your enrolment free of charge 30 days before the course starts. If you have not cancelled by the due date, we will charge the full cost of the course. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).