Place: online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 300
Target group: All that are interested in these studies
Lecturer: Mrs Johanna Heinonen
Credited in degree: All Bachelor level degrees at Xamk
Enrolment by: 9.9.2020
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- Student is able to search and critically evaluate knowledge concerning the impact of digitalisation of tourism locally, regionally and globally.
- Student is able to recognize and evaluate the positive and negative effects of digitalisation of tourism locally, regionally and globally.
- Student is able to find and apply different ways of promoting responsible tourism with the help of digitalisation.
- Where to find reliable information of the positive and negative effects of digitalisation of tourism locally, regionally and globally?
- What are the positive and negative effects of digitalisation of tourism locally, regionally and globally
- How to promote responsible tourism with the help of digitalisation?
- Pre-task (individual) – central concepts
- Analysis (individual) 2 cr – positive and negative effects of technology in a tourism case
- Learn-discussion based on task 2 and peer evaluation (individual) 1 cr
- Development assignment (can be done in pairs or small groups max 3 persons) 2 cr – analysis of a chosen function / target group / destination / phenomenon in tourism and suggestions for development of responsible tourism based on that
- AC-guidance online; recordings in Learn (4 sessions)
- Material from AC sessions
- Material provided in Learn
- Other reliable and relevant material students find
Grading scale is 1-5.
- Assessment 1 (pre task), individual
- Student must pass this test with 80 % correct in order to pass the course. You can re-take the test as many times as needed
- Assessment 2 individual, grading 1-5, 1 ects
- Assessment 3, individual, grading completed/approved, 1 ects
- Assessment 4, individual/group, grading 1-5, 2 ects
You can (Assessment criteria grade 3)
use professional vocabulary and concepts of responsible tourism and technology used in tourism in an expert way in different situations
evaluate information sources related to tourism and technology critically
identify and describe the problems of technology in the hospitality field
evaluate the use of technology in customer, user and target group situations in terms of responsibility
choose appropriate models, methods, software and techniques according to the purpose and justify these choices
apply critically the ethical principles of tourism in different situations connected to technology
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
Cancellation has to be made 14 days before the course starts. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.