Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 36
Target group: This course is aimed at health and social care students and professionals and anyone interested in sexuality, sexual rights and sexual health.
Lecturer: Tiina Lybeck, email@example.com
Credited in degree: Bachelor of Health Care and Social Services
Enrolment by: 29.9.2019
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
The learning objectives:
- know the basic concepts concerning sexuality, gender and their diversity
- know the global sexual rights
- recognize the factors affecting sexual rights in their own environment
- have ability to reflect their values and attitudes to sexuality and sexual rights
- understand what is sexual health and how to promote it
The course will be delivered online through Moodle and all material is on the learning platform. During the course, students will be expected to study the material available in the course.
After self studying there are two kind of tasks to be done: tests and audiovisual presentation (power point). Both peer feedback and teacher´s assessment are used for evaluation.
The course is 100% online and study language is English.
The extent of the course is 5 credits, which is 135 study hours.
The course includes three themes:
1. Sexuality, sexual and gender diversity (1 cr)
2. Sexual rights (2 cr)
3. Sexual health (2 cr)
Pass = Successfully completed tests and assignments planned in the course design.
Certificate of these studies will be delivered
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email email@example.com.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.