Xamk Open University of Applied Sciences (OUAS) offers a range of free courses for the autumn semester 2021. The guiding principle of the selected courses is the readiness for change, as competence is the force enabling change. Our world needs professionals, who master sustainability skills required in working life and society, as well as those, who are able to promote developmental adjustments.
This course belongs to the selection of autumn semester courses, available free of charge. Welcome to study at OUAS!
Time: 29 November 2021 – 16 January 2022
Place: Xamk Learn – digital learning environment
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 150
Target group: This course is suitable for Health and Social Care students and professionals as well as everyone interested in sexuality, sexual rights and sexual health.
Lecturer: Tiina Lybeck, email@example.com
Credited in degree: Bachelor of Health Care and Social Services
Enrolment by: 21 November 2021
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on OUAS courses.
- knows the basic concepts concerning the diversity of sexuality and gender
- knows the global sexual rights and recognizes the factors affecting sexual rights in her/his own environment
- has the ability to reflect her/his own values and attitudes to sexuality and sexual rights
- understands what sexual health is and how it is promoted.
Contents and methods:
The course includes three themes:
- Sexuality, sexual and gender diversity
- Sexual rights
- Sexual health
The course is completed in Learn and it includes tests, assignments and peer evaluation.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request:
– in paper form for those who have their home address in Finland
– by email in PDF form for those who have their home address in some other country.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email email@example.com.
You will receive an invitation by email to this course approximately one week before the course starts.