Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
Lecturer: Mr Johanna Jussila
Credited in degree at Xamk: Bachelor of Health Care and Social Services
Enrolment by: 1.5.2022
Price: EUR 12 / credit or semester fee EUR 175. You can read more about our payment policy here.
Please, notice that the fee for one semester will not be refunded, if the combined fees for your chosen studies remain below EUR 175 or you cancel your studies.
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice, that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
- You know how to identify the healthy growth of a child and their growing environment in multi-professional child welfare work.
- You can evaluate the circumstances and factors requiring change.
- You can analyze rehabilitative child welfare work on individual, community and structural level.
- You are able to work effectively and in a rehabilitative way in reciprocal relationships with clients and families, and in groups.
Contents and methods:
- The course consists of four main topics.
- How do you catch one's interest on the supporting and the good factors in problematic situations?
- How do you identify the safeguard and risk factors for child?
- What are the impressive methods of child welfare work?
- How do you apply promoting methods in child welfare work?
The course consists of lectures, learning tasks, group work and independent work. The course offers virtual lectures that will be saved in Learn-platform. Students will be able to listen them according to their own timetable
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
Transcript of records will be delivered by request by email in PDF form
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email@example.com.
Terms of cancellation:
You can cancel your enrolment free of charge 30 days before the course starts. If you have not cancelled by the due date, we will charge the full cost of the course. Cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).