Start preparing for the future today by improving your digital skills and business competence!
Update your future: improve your status in the labour market, expand your job search prospects or set up your own business. Studies are carried out online, you can participate from anywhere.
The study module comprises courses equaling 30 ECTS credits, and the maximum number of participants is 100. Instructions are provided in Finnish and in English. The studies are completed online via Open Learn virtual platform.
The studies are organised by seven Finnish universities of applied sciences – Xamk, LAB, Laurea, Vaasa UAS, Lapland UAS, Kajaani UAS and Tampere UAS – by means of MOC. The study module is coordinated by Xamk and funded by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture.
Target group: The module is aimed at people living in Finland who are currently unemployed, facing the threat of being made redundant or considering the prospect of starting their own business. This module is also suitable for immigrants living in Finland.
Students who are completing degree studies in an institute of higher education are not allowed to participate in this study module.
Prior knowledge and skills: Preparedness to perform in accordance with higher-education level requirements, an active email account, appropriate equipment for online studies, Internet access, ability to navigate on the Internet and use the Office programs.
Required language skills: B2 level in Finnish or in English as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. More information for B2, via link below https://www.oph.fi/sites/default/files/documents/169247_proficiency_levels_cefr.pdf
Period of studies: 8 Mar -30 Nov 2021. The selection of free-choice courses also allows completion of studies in less than 6 months.
Application period: 11 Jan, 9:00 AM – 14 Feb 2021, 11:59 PM. The application form becomes accessible on 11 Jan at 9.00 AM.
Applicants are informed of the results of admission by email by 22 Feb 2021. Study places will be filled on the basis of admissions criteria and in the order of registration.
Extent of studies: 30 ECTS cr
Place: Xamk Open Learn – digital learning environment
Maximum number of study places: 100
Participation in the study module is free of charge!
- Get practical tools for self-management, career planning and starting a business.
- Improve your business competence in digital environments by studying concepts such as virtual workplace, design thinking and robotic process automation.
- Improve the skills necessary in the future world of work and learn to effectively brand yourself.
- Improve your competence and professional qualification in the path of lifelong learning.
The module comprises several topics that support your personal development and strengthen your expertise and competence and improve your status in the labour market, as an employee or entrepreneur.
Contents and methods:
Mandatory courses: Work for your future, 20 ECTS cr:
- Basics of digital entrepreneurship, 5 ECTS cr (8 Mar – 31 May 2021)
- Self-management/Present at a distance, 5 ECTS cr (1 Apr – 30 Jun 2021)
- Digital personal branding, 5 ECTS cr (1 May – 31 Aug 2021)
- Developing professional competence, 5 ECTS cr (1 May – 30 Jun 2021)
Free-choice courses, two courses are selected from the list below, in total 10 ECTS cr:
If you wish to complete the study module in less than 6 months, select Design thinking and Digital skills in the future.
- Design thinking, 5 ECTS cr (1 May – 30 Jun 2021)
- Digital skills in the future, 5 ECTS cr (1 Jun – 31 Aug 2021)
- Customer understanding as a success factor, 5 ECTS cr (1 Sep – 31 Oct 2021)
- Import and export as part of a Finnish company’s international operation, 5 ECTS cr (1 Sep – 31 Oct 2021)
- Robotic process automation (RPA) and data analytics in future business operations, 5 ECTS cr (1 Oct – 30 Nov 2021)
More information on the courses in the study module is available file link below.
In terms of learner workload, 1 ECTS credit equals 27 hours of studies. Thus, the total extent of 30 ECTS credits equals 810 hours or 100 eight-hour days of studies.
More information: Satu Hynynen, Project Manager, email@example.com
Cancellation of participation must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to make changes.