Time: 27 September – 19 December 2021
Place: Xamk Learn – digital learning environment
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Number of study places: 100
Target group: All that are interested in the topic
Required previous skills: None
Lecturer: Mr Juha Häkkinen
Credited in degree: Bachelor of Business Administration, Wellbeing management / All bachelor level degrees at Xamk
Enrolment by: 12 September 2021
Price: Free of charge
Please notice, that
! Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses !
- Students can describe the central role of contracts in business relations.
- Students are familiar with the requirements and consequences of contractual obligations.
- Students are able to evaluate the contractual risks for an organisation and take them into account when contracts are being made.
- Students are able to explain to the seller and buyer how a binding sales contract is made, and what their rights and obligations are in the sale of goods.
- Students are able to recognize the need to protect intellectual property rights and plan marketing operations that will not infringe the rights of other.
Contents and methods:
- What are the general principles of the contract law?
- What are the special characteristics of the main types of contracts in business?
- What are the consequences of a breach of contract?
- How can the contractual compensation for damages be determined in contractual relations?
- How is a binding sales contract made and under what conditions will a contract be invalid?
- What are the rights and obligations of the seller and buyer in the sale of tangible goods?
- How do B-to-B and consumer sales differ?
- How can a business protect its rights?
- How should intellectual property rights be taken into account in marketing?
Independent work, small tasks and maybe an exam.
Student's workload is approximately 130 hours.
Study material is available on e-learning platform.
Students know how to
a. systematically use professional vocabulary
b. look for information in the key information sources of the field
d. work together with customers, users and target groups
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Open University of Applied Sciences office, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
Cancellation has to be made 14 days before the course starts. Cancellation by email to email@example.com.
You'll receive an invitation by email to this course approx. one week before the course starts.