We invited local companies, students, and the interested general public to join in our call to hack the crisis in the Kymenlaakso region of Finland.
Remember to #supportlocal
Because the coffee, snacks & after-party were online, all participants received a gift voucher to a local restaurant to order take-away or home delivered food and at the same time #supportlocalbusiness
Participating students from XAMK received 2 student credits for participating in the hackathon.
Jyrki Mänttäri from XAMK sales and marketing BBA, was actively planning and carrying out Crisis Hack event.
There were five assignments:
- Goodwill Kotka wanted contactless recycling collecting and collection points
- Kymenlaakso museums wanted collaboration with commercial enterprises on how the regions 30 smallest museum network could operate during corona.
- Lounaskulma Kouvola wanted new services and online order friendly product ensemble
- Vuoksi Wellness Imatra wanted solutions for welfare services during corona for example online and oudoor solutions
- Spilhus Kotka wanted students to give feedback and improve their new online store
According to feedback the event was successful. Companies and students liked that the participation was easy and flexible due to the event being online. Companies appreciated the results and they either put them in action or continued working on the ideas.