The main purpose of this project was to implement the previously designed digitization training for digitizers and digitization experts and to offer competent and skillful employees for the growing local and national present and future needs. The pilot education for digitizers was described and modeled for the possible future needs. Digitization education can be as a model for the whole area in Finland and internationally.
- evaluating the education needs (MikseiMikkeli)
- mapping the knowledge background (MikseiMikkeli, Xamk)
- mapping the current employer needs (MikseiMikkeli)
- mapping the current existing training (MikseiMikkeli)
- selecting the students (Xamk, MikseiMikkeli)
- designing the education (Xamk)
- creating an innovative learning environment (Xamk)
- implementing twice the training for digitizers (15 credits) for at least 24 students (Xamk)
- implementing the training for digitization experts (15 credits) for 10 students in co-operation with Master’s Degree Programme in Information Management and Digital Archiving (Xamk)
- opening the education materials (Xamk)
- marketing (MikseiMikkeli, Xamk)
- decribing and modeling the pilot education for for the possible future needs (Xamk)
- mapping the current employment statuses and current possibilities to work (MikseiMikkeli)
- mapping the ways to support the students training financially. (MikseiMikkeli)
- co-operation locally, nationally and internationally with working life (MikseiMikkeli, Xamk)
As a result, a detailed training model is defined, implemented and tested with true people. 38 new people with digitization skills were trained. Some students have already been employed. In addition, the project has produced several different learning materials. The materials will be shared in Library of Open Educational Resources (https://aoe.fi) and licensed with the CC BY SA -license which makes it possible for others to utilize them. The pilot digitization education for digitization employees was described and modelled for the possible future needs. The project results serve as a good example of organizing digitization training. Altogether, this project benefits the whole of the Mikkeli area, as well as national and even international organizations.
15 students graduated from digitizer education (7th November 2021). The education was from August 16 to November 7, 2021.
8 students graduated from digitiszation specialist education (14th November 2021). The education was from January 15 to November 14, 2021.
15 students graduated from digitizer education (30th April 2021). The education was from February 1 to April 30, 2021.
Read (1/2021): Ammattilainen digitoi laadukkaasti
Tietoasiantuntija (2-3/2021): Digitoinnin osaamista ja tiedonhallintaa kehitetään Mikkelissä
Faili (4/2021): Digitoinnin ammattilaiseksi kouluttautumalla
Read (4/2021): Creating a Digitization Education and a Training Model
Tietoasiantuntija (4/2021): Kohti hyödyttömien luokkaa