The project develops circular economy operating models to increase the efficiency of construction and demolition waste recycling and to reduce CO2 emissions. The aim of the project is to digitize and automate the collection of information on recyclable furniture, fixtures and materials for demolition and construction sites. In addition, the aim is to transfer the collected data to a public marketplace in order to increase the efficiency of construction and demolition waste recycling. The aim is also to develop operating models for the construction and demolition business and to identify and promote new business opportunities.
ACTIONS IN XAMK
Development of circular economy operating models
- Dissemination of up-to-date information to stakeholders in workshops and seminars to improve circular economy.
- Design and development of a spatial data based database for demolition materials.
- Development of digitization of demolition and / or waste inventory and automation of data transfer from mapping to database and further to digital marketplace.
- Developing an operational model for collecting data in a database and exploiting it in a digital marketplace.
Material and environmental safety information for construction and demolition waste
- Finding best practices for collecting and storing material and environmental safety information for recyclable building and demolition materials.
As a result of the project, a new type of digital data collection and management system will be developed for the construction industry, as well as a digital marketplace utilizing these.