All for the future
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences – Xamk – is an institute of higher education which focuses on
- technology and
- creative industries.
Xamk – builds, researches and develops the working life of tomorrow with the strength of four campuses in the South Savo and Kymenlaakso regions in Finland, and with the help of a global network of friends and partners.
The Forest, the Environment and Energy, Logistics and Seafaring, Digital Economy and Sustainable Wellbeing. These are the cornerstones of Xamk’s research, development and innovation activities. With 250 annually ongoing projects, we make an impact regionally, nationally and internationally.
We at Xamk believe in equality, equal opportunities and fairness. We care for each other and we care for the environment. We make our mark where it’s needed the most. Do you?
Facts about Xamk
- 9480 students
- 850 employees
- 1700 graduates per year
- 74 Degree Programmes
- There are campuses in four towns: Kotka, Kouvola, Mikkeli and Savonlinna
- 350 partner institutions around the world
- Second largest UAS in Finland in terms of budget; annual turnover EUR 70 million
- 63 million euros total volume of research funding
- 15 million euros external RDI funding
- Versatile services
- president and CEO Heikki Saastamoinen
Get to know us
Social Responsibility and Sustainability Report 2019
The Social Responsibility and Sustainability Report 2019 describes the results of Xamk’s responsibility work. 2019 was Xamk’s second year of responsibility reporting. We want to introduce reponsibility into our everyday life – work and study alike.Read more
International activities promote students’ ability to work in international and multicultural environments. We receive approximately 600 international students each year, representing over 60 countries. Students can study a whole degree or parts of them in English. Five bachelor’s degree programmes and three master’s degree programmes are taught fully in English.
Xamk’s international networks provide access to studies and work placements abroad. Xamk has approximately 350 partner schools.
Campuses in four towns
Xamk has four modern campuses located in Kymenlaakso end Southern Savonia regions. Campuses are conveniently located in the town centre or nearby.
The range of services on campus is wide: restaurants, cafés, libraries, indoor and outdoor sport and leisure facilities, as well as services to promote studying and student well-being.
The learning environments – classrooms, auditoriums, laboratories, workshops, etc. – are modern and comfortable. In addition to providing education, all campuses engage in a diverse range of research and development activities and provide services.
Safety is important at Xamk – get to know safety-guick guide.
Work with us
For business, organisations and companies
Xamk provides companies, individual people and organisations with a wide range of expert, meeting and restaurant services as well as continuing education services. In addition, the range of services includes the high-quality facilities and devices of Xamk’s laboratories.
Services we offer:
- Laboratory and studio services
- Analysis, measurement and testing services
- Trainees and project employees
- Tailored training and expert services for workplaces
- Conference and restaurant services
Let a student help you
Companies can also benefit from the skills of the university of applied sciences students by hiring a trainee or a student who can do their thesis on a topic relevant to the company. At present time, approximately 9,300 students are completing their studies at Xamk, and the varied skills and know-how of these students are offered to companies and organisations.
Our students can be assigned with projects, commissioned to conduct a thesis study or instructed to perform various tasks as part of their mandatory practical training.
Are you looking for interns or employees?
You can post job ads free of charge via Xamk Duuni service. View students’ applications and contact them. Xamk Duuni matches jobs and job seekers based on skills, competencies and personal interests.
– Create a company account on Xamk Duuni service. Your profile will be shortly confirmed.
– Post a job ad and find yourself a worker.
– Remove the ad when it is no longer valid.
RDI Service units
- Active Life Lab
- Creative Industries – creative solutions for the needs of businesses and communities
- Biosampo – training and applied research in the field of energy, bio an d circular economy
- Digitalia – research center on digital information management
- Electronics 3K Factory – training, development and manufacturing services in electronics
- FiberLaboratory – biotechnology innovation centre
- Juvenia – youth research and development centre
- KymiLabs – testing of concrete, emission measurement, CE marking
- Mikpolis – material and manufacturing technique testing and research services
- NELI – professional expert services in logistics
- Small Business Center – wide-ranging promotion of entrepreneurship
Have you graduated from Xamk? Join our almuni community! Alumni activities mean long lasting cooperation between the university and its students. An alumna will be a part of a large network which can be useful and fun from the professional and free time of view.Read more
Xamk has collaboration with universities, universities of applied sciences, different education partners and institutions in Finland and around the world. This collaboration covers for example co-operation, student exchange and research.Read more
All for the future
Pedagogical development programme 2018-2022
Due to the ongoing changes in the world of work, some traditional jobs will disappear while news jobs will emerge. Also, the description of many of the remaining jobs will change. In the future labour market, critical thinking, problem solving skills and creativity will be increasingly important assets which are developed through pedagogical choices in cooperation with organisations and companies.Read more about our main focus on pedagogical development