Kouvola Campus is a modern campus located in Kymenlaakso region of Finland. It has approximately 1900 students. Every year, Kouvola Campus hosts approximately 200 foreign degree students who study in the international bachelor-level business and game design programmes conducted in English.
In addition, there are foreign exchange students who come to study in the departments of business, culture, social and health care every year.
International degree programmes conducted in English:
- Bachelor’s programmes
- Master’s programmes
- Double degree programmes
Broad range of services
Students and visitors find all the important services in the campus.
- Restaurants: Paja and Kasarmiravintola
- Library services
- Student health care
- Student services
- Student Union
- International services
- Research and development services
Coming to study in Kouvola?
See relevant links for new students on this website (e.g. student housing).
Kouvola Campus 360°
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences
Paraatikenttä 7, 45100 Kouvola
Kouvola is the biggest town in the region with approximately 87,000 inhabitants. It is a large town with plenty to see and experience and Kouvola campus it provides a cosy environment for students.
Attractions range from the Repovesi national park to the Tykkimäki amusement park. Four top sports teams, versatile hobby opportunities and night life that is filled with live music guarantee recreation for everyone.
It is easy to travel from Kouvola to other parts of Finland. The distance to Helsinki is only about 140 kilometres. There are also daily connections to Russia, with the Allegro train operating between Kouvola and St. Petersburg.
More information about Kouvola
There are many ways to spend free time in Kymenlaakso – sports and culture are equally available. Xamk has a versatile sports programme that includes guided courses and classes. Xamk offers, for instance, such activities as floorball, badminton and kettlebell exercises. An ice rink, ball sports and gym practice are also available. Xamk even has its own American football team!
In Kymenlaakso, you can, in general, choose from numerous sports alternatives, such as downhill skiing, golf, tennis, bowling, climbing, canoeing, ball sports, gym, swimming…
Culture can be enjoyed in the form of movies, theatre, concerts and other events. The nature in Kymenlaakso is unparalleled. You can enjoy the view of the sea by the Gulf of Finland or the rapids of the Kymijoki river, or immerse yourself in the lake scenery in the Repovesi national park, all these places being located just within a short drive from each other.
Welcome to study at Kouvola
Get to know Kouvola
- City of Kouvola
- Visit Kouvola (tourist information)
Accomodation in Kouvola
Student housing is provided by a separate housing organisation (not the university).
- Student housing in Kouvola
- Temporary accomodation in Kouvola
- Check out the location of Kouvola’s student apartments on the map
Getting to Kouvola
- if you are travelling via Helsinki Airport, you most likely will prefer to use a train connection
- if you are coming from Helsinki city center or other cities in Finland, please, check Matkahuolto of Onnibus web-pages for the options
- try to arrange your flight or other arrival in Helsinki early enough so you can reach Kouvola not too late in the evening
- you should arrive in Kouvola at least 2-4 days before the studies begin
- bus connections from Helsinki Airport with Matkahuolto bus company to Kouvola
- other buss connections Matkahuolto or Onnibus
- train connection, Airport of Helsinki, VR railway company