Mikkeli Campus is located at a former military base with beautiful buildings and surroundings. It has a truly international atmosphere as there are over 300 foreign students from many different countries on campus every year. There are 3500 students and 300 staff members at the campus all together.
International degree programmes conducted in English:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Wellbeing Management
- Bachelor of Engineeging, Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineeging, Information Technology
- Double degree programmes
Coming to study in Mikkeli?
See relevant links for new students on this website (e.g. student housing).
Services on campus
• Student affairs office and Admissions office
• student health care, social welfare advisor, psychologist and university chaplain
• international services
• Xamk Student Union Kaakko
• library, reading room for newspapers
• restaurants: Kasarmina, Dexi, Talli and Café Campus
• gym, outdoor sports
• Mikkeli Bowling Hall
• MOAS apartments for students
Mikkeli Campus 360°
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences
Public parking: Ratsurinkuja
Mikkeli is a lively town with most beautiful lake scenery, combination of interesting history and traditions, active business, high education and research, culture, nature and internationality. Mikkeli has approximately 50 000 inhabitants and there are over 6000 students studying in the city.
Mikkeli is located in Eastern Finland in an area with many lakes and forests. The town is located not so far away from the metropolitan area, so one can easily get there by bus or train. Mikkeli has an interesting history since the town served as the headquarters of the Finnish army during three wars. That is why you can see ‘Headquarters’ mentioned in many places.
Mikkeli is a lively town not only in summer but also in winter. During the last winters we have enjoyed beautiful ice sculptures as part of international ice festival arranged in the centre of town.
In addition to different festivals, you can enjoy various happenings throughout the year, the world-famous Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra being a good example.
Welcome to study at Mikkeli
Get to know Mikkeli
Accomodation in Mikkeli
Student housing is provided by a separate housing organisation (not the university).
- Student housing in Mikkeli (MOAS)
- Most of the student residences have the basic furniture including bed, desk, chair, and table and benches in the kitchen. Make use of all the second hand shops available for other things you will need: mattresses, pillows, blankets, dishes, etc.
- Check out the location of Mikkeli’s student apartments on the map
- Mikalo Oy (only in Finnish)
- Temporary accomodation in Mikkeli
Getting to Mikkeli
- if you are travelling via Helsinki Airport, you most likely will prefer to use a train connection
- if you are coming from Helsinki city center or other cities in Finland, please, check Matkahuolto of Onnibus web-pages for the options
- try to arrange your flight or other arrival in Helsinki early enough so you can reach Mikkeli not too late in the evening
- you should arrive in Mikkeli at least 2-4 days before the studies begin
- Bus connections from Helsinki Airport with Matkahuolto bus company to Mikkeli
- Other buss connections Matkahuolto or Onnibus
- Train connection, Airport of Helsinki, VR railway company