Due to prolonged pandemic situation, The Ministry of Education and Culture has granted special subsidies for universities during this time. The special subsidy is designed to improve student wellbeing and study progress and to reduce the learning gap in The South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences. The project goes by the name OOO project.
The goal of the project is to reduce the learning gap of students and support the study progress through low-treshold guidance services. With OOO project, Xamk now has an extra resource to add to the services of Special Education Teacher and Study Psychologist and both of these activities will also be developed throughout the project. Also, one of the objectives of the project is to improve the visibility of Xamk’s various student services. Thus, the project will include communicating with students through multiple channels.
In cooperation with Student Union Kaakko, OOO project also aims to revive the student culture that the pandemic has put on hold for a long time. To achieve this, several events will be organized for Xamk students by OOO project and the student union throughout the year. At the same time, the project will also support and educate Xamk student to student active and peer guidance activities.
Development objective goals for this project
- To reduce the learning gap caused by the covid-19 pandemic, to strenghten the support of study progress and to reduce loneliness
- To build and conceptualize the internal and external cooperation of student wellbeing and guidance
- To support and promote student culture at campuses and online
- To develop and expand peer guidance in order to support the study progress of students and reduce the learning gap
- To develop the communications and service design of the student wellbeing and low-treshold guidance services