Welcome to apply for degree studies at Xamk!
On this website you can find information on:
- Application timetable
- Admission process
- Eligibility for studies
- Admission criteria
- Submitting application form and documents
- Entrance examinations and pre-tasks
- Applying with SAT results
- Tuition fees and scholarships
- Application statistics
- Transfer application
- Application on the basis of Open UAS studies
- Renewed right to study
- FAQs about applying to Xamk
Application timetable 2019-2020
Joint application, spring 2020
Application open for
- Bachelor of Culture and Arts,
Game Design, full-time studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration,
Digital International Business, full-time studies
- Bachelor of Engineering,
Environmental Engineering, full-time studies online with 1 year on campus
- Bachelor of Engineering,
Information Technology, full-time studies
- Master of Business Administration,
International Business Management, part-time studies
Application submitted in Studyinfo.fi during
8 – 22 January 2020 (by 3 pm Finnish time, EET)
Enclosures to application submitted in Studyinfo.fi by 29 January 2020 (by 3 pm Finnish time, EET)
Student selection for Bachelor’s programmes
- Entrance examinations outside Finland (FINNIPS) 10-15 March 2020
- Please note: Not available for Digital International Business
- Entrance examinations in Finland in April 2020
- SAT test result to be delivered from the College Board by 8 April 2020
Student selection for Master’s programme:
- Entrance examination in Finland on 27 March 2020
Admission results published by 5 June 2020.
Study place confirmed and tuition fee paid
by 10 July 2020, 3 pm (Finnish time, EET)
Studies begin in August 2020.
1. Study options
Find out about the study options. Studyinfo.fi provides information about all higher education study programmes in Finland. Information on degree programmes on Xamk website: Bachelor’s programmes / Master’s programmes
You can apply for the Bachelor’s studies with an upper secondary level qualification that provides eligibility for higher education in the awarding country. This refers to the qualification equivalent to a high school diploma in most countries. For Master’s studies you need a suitable higher education degree and at least two years of work experience in the field. More information on the eligibility criteria on Xamk website
3. Tuition fees
If you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA country, you might be required to pay tuition fees for the studies. Check your liability to pay on Studyinfo.fi before applying! Information on the tuition fees and the scholarship scheme at Xamk can be found on our website.
4. Application form and required documents
Submit your application the application period on Studyinfo.fi. Note that the application closes on the last application day at 3 pm Finnish time (GMT +3). Attach the necessary documents to the application. For qualifications completed outside Finland, a copy of relevant qualification certificate is required, and an official translation of them into English, Finnish or Swedish if the certificate is not originally written in one of those languages. See detailed instructions on our website.
5. Pre-tasks, entrance examination(s) and/or SAT test results
The student selection may be based on pre-tasks, entrance examinations and/or interviews. Check the programme-specific instructions at Xamk!
It is also possible to apply with SAT test results instead of taking the entrance exam on the Bachelor’s degree programmes in Digital International Business, Environmental Engineering and Information Technology. Information on applying with SAT test results to Xamk
6. Be prepared for the admission: plan your finances and other practical matters well in advance.
– Read about the tuition fees for non-EU/EEA citizens at Xamk
– Find out about the requirements for a student residence permit on website for the Finnish Immigration Service
– Student housing: please see information on housing in Kouvola at www.kouvolanasunnot.fi/opiskelijat/students and in Mikkeli at www.moas.fi.
7. Confirm the offered study place and enrol as student according to instructions given in the admission letter. Notices of admission are sent by email. You must confirm the study place by the given deadline, or you will lose your place. You can confirm only one study place per academic term. This means that if you have been accepted to several study programmes in one application or in several applications, you need to choose which place you wish to confirm. Confirming a study place is a binding choice, and you cannot cancel or change your choice later. When you confirm a study place bindingly, all your other study programmes will automatically be cancelled. Please read carefully the instructions on confirming the offered study place on www.studyinfo.fi
8. Welcome to study at Xamk!
Follow the instructions on the admission notice for confirming your study place, paying the tuition fee (if required) and enrolling for the studies. Information for new students on Xamk website
See steps in the admission process on Applicant’s checklist:
Tel. +358 44 702 8752 (Kouvola) or
+358 50 312 5031 (Mikkeli)
Postal and visiting addresses
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences / Admission Services
Paraatikenttä 7, 45100 Kouvola, Finland or
Patteristonkatu 3X, 50100 Mikkeli, Finland
Office hours: Mon-Fri 9 am – 3 pm.