The students were very satisfied to study content, planning studies and councelling, teaching and learning environment.
The graduand feedback questionnaire is a national enquiry. The students answer to the questionnaire approximately three weeks before graduation.
This questionnaire is divided into seven sections, which are: background information, teaching and learning, internationality, multiculturalism, and language studies, career services and connections with the working life, practical training, thesis, general satisfaction. The answers will be used in the development of the operations of universities of applied sciences (UAS).
The scale was 1 = completely disagree, 4 = neither agree nor disagree, and 7 = completely agree.
Total 1520 students answered the graduand feedback questionnaire during year 2018. The response rate was 96%. The total mean of the questionnaire was 5.1, which was same as last year. A total mean for all university of applied sciences were also 5.1.
The best results (total mean 5.9) were in the following education: information technology, Mikkeli and degree programme in civic activities and youth work, Kouvola. The second best means (total mean 5.8) were in the following education: degree programme in civic activities and youth work, Mikkeli, degree programme in hospitality management, Mikkeli and degree programme in business management, Mikkeli.
The best means in the questionnaire (the mean of last year in parenthesis).
- Study content. Mean 5.2 (5.1) and mean for all UAS 5.1.
- Planning studies, counselling. Mean 5.2 (5.1) and mean for all UAS 5.1
- Teaching. Mean 5.1 (5.0) and mean for all UAS 5.0.
- Learning environments. Mean 5.2 (5.1) and mean for all UAS 5.2. Best mean in this claim was “The students had access to comfortable facilities for group work and self-studying”. Mean was 5.2 and mean for all UAS were 4.8.
The weakest mean
- Career services and connections with the working life. Mean was 4.5 (4.5) and mean for all UAS 4.6.