Time: Students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course. The estimated time for completing this course is three months. Notice that the first nonstop start is on 16 January 2024.
Please notice that Xamk’s lecturers do not assess completed courses nor enter the course assessments in Xamk’s record of credits (Peppi) during their non-teaching periods. In summer, completed courses will not be assessed between June 1st and August 18th, 2024.
Place: Online studies
Extent: 5 ECTS credits
Target group: Everyone interested in the topic
The course is completed independently.
Credited in degree at Xamk: All Bachelor level degrees at Xamk
Area of competence mentioned in Curriculum: Optional studies
Enrolment by: 23 June 2024. This is a nonstop start and students can start their studies approximately within a week after enrolling on this course.
Price: Free of charge
Note that you can enrol for Open UAS studies at the maximum of 50 ECTS credits per semester. One person’s enrolments exceeding 50 ECTS credits are deleted in the enrolment order. Paying attention to this is important when planning your studies.
Please also notice that
Xamk degree students cannot enrol on Open UAS courses.
- You are able to lead yourself, develop you self-leadership and your competences as a responsible member of your work communiy.
- You are able to analyze and develop work community collaboration by means of solution-oriented approaches.
- You are able to apply leadership models in an appropriate way.
- You are able to act as a leader in workplace situations typically encountered by supervisors.
Contents and methods:
- How do you lead yourself?
- How do you identify various roles, behavior patterns and phenomena in work communities?
- How do you communicate and act as a responsible member of a work community and lead it?
- How do you apply leadership models in various types of organisations?
- How do you develop work community collaboration in a goal-oriented way?
- How do you act as a leader and supervisor in changing working life environments?
Management and Leadership
Organizational Citizenship Behaviour
The course contents independent work. There is no group work or online live lectures.
Tests and exams are automated, and suited to independent study.
The course covers 5 ECTS credits, totalling 135 hours of student work. The number of hours is theoretical and varies according to student effort.
The study material is provided in learning environment. (Learn)
Students are able to
- use professional vocabulary and concepts in an expert way in different situations.
- evaluate information sources critically.
- work as team members and promote teams' goal-oriented operation.
- evaluate and develop work communities at individual, group and organizational level.
- approach work community challenges with solution and development orientation.
- choose appropriate models, methods, software and techniques according to the purpose and justify these choices.
- apply critically the ethical principles of the professional field in different situations.
This course is a part of Xamk Pulse’s ‘Diploma of Higher Education in Tourism and Service Business Management’.
What is diploma and what are the courses included in it?
Read more about the diploma https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/diploma-of-higher-education-in-tourism-and-service-business-management-60-ects-cr/.
Want to complete the whole diploma?
The full extent of the diploma is 60 ECTS credits. We recommend that you start from module I and complete it first.
Want to take just some of the courses?
If you don’t want to complete the whole diploma, you can choose just those courses that you are interested in.
Enrolment on diploma courses
You must enroll on each course separately. Choose just the number of courses that you can & have time to complete by the end of year 2024!
The Transcript of records will be delivered automatically by email in PDF form. You can read more about the The Transcript of records on: Information on Open UAS, Xamk Pulse studies.
This course is based on the curricula of Xamk's degree programmes and the Finnish credits are fully compatible with the ECTS.
Additional information on enrolment:
Xamk Pulse, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of cancellation:
If you are not able to participate in the course, please let us know as soon as possible by email email@example.com.
Before the course starts, you'll receive an invitation by email to this course.
Please note that there can be changes in the course details in terms of the timetable and teachers, for example.
South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences is audited by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC).