The name of the new university of applied sciences is South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Xamk). The profile of the new university of applied sciences is based on sustainable well-being and technology.
Xamk bears responsibility for promoting social, cultural and ecological sustainability. In addition, the university of applied sciences wants to promote vitality, innovation and problem solving in its operating region.
The strategic objective is to be among the top five universities of applied sciences in Finland as regards student satisfaction, the organisation of studies and graduates’ employment rate.
One of the goals is to be the largest Finnish university of applied sciences in terms of RDI activities and education provided through the Open University of Applied Sciences.
The new university of applied sciences wants to be a strong and responsible partner that fully exploits its geographical location.
Our graduates are among the highest qualified in their respective fields. A key player in the field of higher education with a strong national and international network, we are an important research community with invaluable knowledge of Russia and Russian co-operation.
Xamk is a higher education institution that focuses on sustainable well-being and technology.
- In all our activities, we promote social, financial, cultural and ecological sustainability.
- Through sustainable well-being, we increase vitality and happiness in the area in which we operate.
- Through sustainable technology, we promote innovation, create new business and solve problems.
Facts about Xamk
- 9000 students
- 4 campuses in the towns of Kotka, Kouvola, Mikkeli and Savonlinna
- 750 in full-time faculty and staff
- 350 partner institutions all over the world
- managing director and president Heikki Saastamoinen