Digital revolution in the maritime sector has challenged both shipping companies and their crews. Use of automation in remote controlling and monitoring the ship performance has increased rapidly in past years. The aim of this project is to create new platforms contributing to the technical development needed. New platforms facilitate examining electrical and automation systems and remote monitoring of the ships. In addition to the business collaboration, the platforms provide new competency which measures up with the needs of the maritime labour market. Main objective is to establish a monitoring connection between a ship and a classroom and maritime simulator environment.
The aim of the project is to
- Define useful and cybersecure technology between target vessel and university campus.
- Create data transfer connection between target vessel and university campus and to familiarize to data analysis and exploitation in various scenarios.
- Create a testing, experiment and education platforms related to data connection by utilizing existing electrical and automation laboratories and to verify those with third party commisions.
- Strengthen own know-how and to network in maritime digital environment nationally and internationally. Secure the knowledge about this platform.
Projcet studies a useful communication technology to be established between target vessel and university campus. Vessel and campus systems will be updated based on the comparison in the study.
Platforms based on this technology will be created and tested by exploiting already existing laboratory environments and applicable simulation devices. Instructor manual for platforms is created.
Participation to national and international networks to inform about these platforms and to strengthen own knowhow. Ensure third party knowledge by informing and publishing results.
- Report on technology study
- Report on communication connection and commissioning testing results.
- 2 testing platforms for remote connection, including 2 piloted product or service applications.
- Report from pilot projects.