In the changing construction industry, newest digital solutions and related development activities have become more important than before to the competitiveness of the companies. For example, the level of utilization of digital technologies and growth are linked to each other in the Finnish construction sector.
The goal of the ProRak project is to advance the development, deployment, and utilization of newest digital technologies in South Savo. These technologies include digital twins of buildings developed using the most advanced game engines, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies, and simulations.
- Compile the newest applied knowledge related to the project topic for the local construction companies and R&D institutions
- Develop and create new knowledge and RDI activities to the region
- The needs of the participating companies are investigated and typical construction processes modeled
- Digital applications are developed and utilized in the selected processes of central importance in the construcion sector
- The selected technologies are used in practical experiments in the context of real projects both in construction and manufacturing industries
As a result of the project, knowledge and practical know-how related to the digitalization of the construction sector will increase significantly in the region.