The FarmEnergy project creates the conditions and demonstrates the operation of the rural energy community. As a result, dimensioning programs for dimensioning solar power plants and energy storages in the energy community will be created, and a trading program based on blockchain technology will be created for the energy community’s internal energy trade. The project brings out the benefits of farm energy communities to all parties. These advantages and the entire operating concept are shown to be profitable with measurement data and calculations, so that even the legislator is convinced of the benefits of energy communities that cross property boundaries.
the measures of the project
The implementation of the measures of the FarmEnergy project is divided into six work packages (WP):
- WP 1. Forming a virtual energy community
- WP 2. Creating a trading platform for the energy community
- WP 3. Tariff structure development opportunities
- WP 4. Simulation in a decentralized energy community
- WP 5. Communication and implementation of results in the field
- WP 6. Project management and steering group work
The results of the project will be published in the publication series of South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences. The published results are openly and freely available to companies in the agriculture and forestry sector and the energy sector. The projected publication date of the project’s results is December 2024.
The FarmEnergy project is implemented together with rural companies by South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences, Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology LUT and Natural Resources Institute Finland Luke.
FarmEnergy in European union eip-agri website: here
Events and webinars:
- Webinar: Maaseudun energiayhteisöt ja -ratkaisut 28.11.2022. Speaker Juha Korpijärvi: recording
- Sarkamessut 27.-28.1.2023
- Online workshop Network to innovate: Renewable Energy 14th of February 2023. Speaker Kalle Pesonen: recording
- Korpijärvi, J., Pesonen, K., Dunderfelt, A., Soininen, H., Kapuinen, P. & Honkapuro, S. Xamkin Metsä, ympäristö ja energia. Soveltavaa tutkimusta ja tuotekehitystä. Vuosijulkaisu 2022. Farmenergy – maatilojen energiayhteisö -hankkeella elinvoimaa maaseudulle
- Dunderfelt, A. & Pesonen, K. Xamk Read 1/2023. 2023. Kestävämpää sähköntuotantoa energiayhteisöjen avulla